Friday, December 18, 2009

30 Days of Gratitude - Tupelo

Tupelo has been a good move for us.  I do still miss people from Brandon, but it's been a little over a year and I am pretty at home here now.  A lot of this is thanks to groups like my Remnant sistahs and the Mystics of Tuesday morning.  Working on Media Team and allowing myself to make friends.  Tupelo is also a rather artsy little town, and I moved here determined to take my writing seriously again.  I have been more willing to take risks, and those risks have paid off.  I taught my first creative writing class at Main ARTery.  I have been able to teach poetry in a couple of classrooms.  I am publishing here and there. 

Gratitude over all of this hit me yesterday, after a morning of coffee with the Remnant girls and then working with Renee and Sherry for a while.  When Renee left, she gave me a hug and a kiss and headed out.  I had a memory of one of the first Media Team meetings I attended.  Renee referred to me as the "dark horse," because they didn't really know me yet.  I was an unknown quantity in the equation.  It seems that, even though I still feel like the new kid sometimes, most people have solved for X and decided to keep me.

Thanks y'all.

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some lovin'!

Disqus for Madame Rubies