Friday, December 11, 2009

30 Days of Gratitude - Kitchens

Even me, the non-cook, can appreciate a good kitchen.  And, when IN a good kitchen, I feel a strong desire to learn to cook better and more often.  There is something about a kitchen.  It is the heart of any house.  You can tell a lot about a person by the type of kitchen they most desire.  My dream kitchen is a wide open space, bright with lots of natural light.  It would also have plenty of cabinet space and a walk-in pantry. I like a breakfast nook ... a bay window and a window seat.  I want music in my kitchen and lots of seating.

I spent the majority of today with Melissa, in her kitchen.  We baked cookies.  Meaning, she baked cookies and I nestled Reese's cups into them when they came out of the oven.  We talked and ate and laughed.  It was a good day. 

Whenever I am with Leila, we end up spending time in her kitchen.  Same with my trips to see Amanda or Cat.  At Mom's, I am in and out of the kitchen all day.  The houses I feel most "at home" in are the house where I feel welcome in the kitchen. 

So, yes, today I am grateful for kitchens.

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some lovin'!

Disqus for Madame Rubies