Friday, November 20, 2009

30 Days of Gratitude - Retreat

Don't you just love a good retreat?  I have been craving one lately.  This weekend, I am sort of getting one.  I say sort of, because I will be helping lead the youth on their Winter Retreat, and the boys will be with me.  So, I don't know how much retreating I will be doing alone, and I tend to think of a good retreat as being full of solitude.  Community yes, but also solitude. 

I am grateful for this retreat.  It is the first time I have gotten to go along on one of Corey's spiritual retreats.  I have helped on mission trips, and once I went on a ski trip, but the spiritual trips have never worked out for us.  The boys were so small, and it is hard to do much with two littles at your feet.  However, at 7 and 5, we decided they are big enough to come along this time.  A couple of years ago, they went on a Houston mission trip with us and did pretty well.  Now, they are very excited about Camp Lake Stephens. 

Have a beautiful weekend!

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some lovin'!

Disqus for Madame Rubies