Monday, September 14, 2009

Snippets

Sometimes I journal in my notebook. Sometimes I write poems. I sometimes I scribble down quick notes to myself or words that I want to remember for later. I also use my notebook for writing practice and prayer. It is a mishmash of life, much like my blog, only more personal.

Snippets from my Notebook:

Some days
I live in Recluse, Wyoming.
Next to the sky, all big things look so small.

I don't feel like swimming today, but watching my boys in the water is fulfilling in another way.

In this town
I always see her shadow.

You either make dust or you eat it. - Coffee Mug

If you see a man on top of a mountain, you can bet he didn't just light there. - Coach Rupp, UK

My head is full of thoughts. They just don't come out as good poems very often,
it seems. I think too much. I can't stop thinking.

Genesis 3 - "know" = "experience"

Today, I gave away
a poem.

Our heads are round so that thoughts can change direction.
-Francis Picabia, Painter & Poet

I spent lots of time shopping and planning so that I would always have the right things to hide behind - Shauna Niequist

The smell of my passion fruit & guava candle takes me back to our first
month in Tupelo.


Weak King Henry gave his power away in an effort to prove it his.

Lucifer's pride is deep cancer.

I walked in on a revival
being held between two women
and one God.

She drew in a deep breath
of nicotine
as she drove past me
downtown.

I remember the pink bedspread in the room I shared with Carrie...


Why is there only half a fence
around that house
on Green Street?

My shoes are dirty from an earlier walk across a damp field.


Brief little pieces of my thoughts. I may type up some of my writing practice pieces. I did a few this week.

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some lovin'!

Disqus for Madame Rubies