Saturday, September 19, 2009

Currently: September 2009

Current Books: I just finished reading You Were Always Mom's Favorite by Deborah Tannen. Good book. Tannen writes about sisters and how their language reflects their relationship. I enjoyed it. Now I am reading Best Friends Forever by Jennifer Wiener. It reminds me a little of Summer Sisters by Judy Blume. Amanda suggested it and then Leila gave me her copy. Sarah Vance lent me Just Listen by Sarah Dessen, so I will read that soon. And I just got the space trilogy (C S Lewis) in the mail from Mandy and The Singer by Calvin Miller from Bookmooch. During my writing sessions, I am reading Wild Mind by Natalie Goldberg.

Current Playlist: I am on a Derek Webb kick, craving his new album. I want to download it from http://www.derekwebb.com/ so that I can get the uncensored version. Also, I just burned some Jamie Randolf and the Darkhorse onto a CD for the van. Jeff sent me some of their stuff and I like them. Especially "Pirate Girl."

Current Shame-Inducing Guilty Pleasure: Ben & Jerry's ice cream.

Current Color: Dark blue denim

Current Fetish: Lyrics

Current Drink: Way too much Diet Pepsi

Current Food: I had my first ever bowl of shrimp & grits yesterday, and it was heaven in a bowl. (THANKS DESI!)

Current Favorite Favorite: My pretty french pedicure. Mostly because getting it was so much fun (imagine about 10 women in the salon, all together, giggling)

Current Wishlist: This and This and This and This and This

Current Needs: Gotta sort through our dental insurance paperwork and see which local dentist to make an appointment with. And I could use someone to fix the a/c in my van.

Current Triumph: I did some mega-cleaning and organizing this week.

Current Bane-of-my-Existence: Did I mention the a/c not working in my van? Of course, I should not worry about that. Plenty of people out there who don't have reliable transportation at all... who have no a/c in their homes... or no homes.

Current Celebrity Crush: Henry Cavill

Current Indulgence: I slept for 12 hours last night. WOW!

Current Mood: Mostly good.

Current #1 Blessing: A husband who supports me in so many ways.

Current Slang or Saying: "Just Sayin'" after seeing that Daily Show clip where they make fun of CNN.

Current Outfit: Ann Taylor jeans, brown Jones New York tee, hair in a pony tail and barefoot

Current Link: http://www.picnik.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some lovin'!

Disqus for Madame Rubies