Wednesday, July 15, 2009

What You Remember

"What you remember," Katherine reminds herself, "is not what they think you
will remember."

- Kris Radish, Annie Freeman's Fabulous Traveling Funeral


I am halfway through my summer visit to Columbia. It has been a very good visit. I always need this time with my Mama and with my friends here. I read the above snippet tonight in a book Cheryl sent to me in memory of Nattie-Pie. It made me think about the experiences I have had this summer and this week. Here are some things that feel memorable from this week:

A conversation with Corey today - to be able to talk with him and cry with him and be so very much in love with him after 8 years is amazing.

Going to see Harry Potter with Kimmi at midnight. We were giggly as we got ready to go in our Potter shirts and silly grins. We laughed AND cried through the movie. The memorable part was not the movie but the time with one of my dearest friends.

Spending an entire day with my sister, hanging out, switching phones for Mom and Wayne, meeting her friends... We have had a rough road of sisterhood, but she is an amazing girl (woman, even) and I am proud to know her and call her family.

Thrifting with Mom, Chris, Ashley and Carrie. Always fun.

Swaddling and cuddling and feeding Caleb - my baby burrito. Ashley let me stay overnight and take care of him. I am in love. He is beautiful and perfect and Ashley is already an amazing mommy.

There are more things to remember, but I was up till 4 this morning thanks to the Potter field trip and too much nighttime cola. I think I need to get some sleep now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some lovin'!

Disqus for Madame Rubies