Saturday, June 20, 2009

Ice Cream, Word Tickets, Audio Books and Zelda

Ice Cream
I am currently addicted to Ben & Jerry's Strawberry Cheesecake ice cream. No other brand will work, b/c other brands are always missing the most important element of this ice cream heaven. B&J includes a yummy crust in their pints, and it is amazing.

Word Tickets
I have been reading PoemCrazy by Susan Goldsmith Wooldridge, and I love this book. It is all about writing poetry and living a poet's life. One of the exercises suggested is creating and using word tickets. At first, I skipped this, but it keeps coming up in the chapters and I am loving the poems created using the practice. Susan uses a roll of "Admit One" tickets bought at a party shop and tapes or writes words onto one side of them. You can pair these words with objects to creat new relationships in your mind or you can draw a few words and use them to spark your inspiration. I have no roll of tickets, so I used bits of cardstock from my scrapbooking stash. I have been cutting and taping words from Cookie magazine. I will take them to Brandon with me this week for some play time.

Audio Books
I will be driving a lot over the next week or so. I picked up some audio books at the library. I am on a kids' book kick. The boys and I are listening to The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane by Kate DiCamillo. I also picked up Each Little Bird That Sings by Deborah Wiles, My One Hundred Adventures by Polly Horvath, and Counting on Grace by Elizabeth Winthrop. I am busy ripping them to iTunes so I can listen to them on my iPod.

Zelda
I am reading Zelda Fitzgerald's biography. I have never known much about her, but she is from Montgomery and that is hubby's hometown so I decided to learn about her. I am only half way though the book and she is already diagnosed with all sorts of mental disorders and has proven to be brilliant, though also insane, selfish, vain and a drunk. One day, I want to have an interesting bio written about my life as a writer... Please, God, don't let it be quite as interesting as Zelda's.

That's all folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some lovin'!

Disqus for Madame Rubies