Thursday, May 7, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook - May 7

Outside my window... it is still a bit dreary in Mississippi. It stormed off and on for the last 24 hours or so, but now the rain has finally stopped. The ground is wet and the grass is green, and all of it is oddly beautiful.

I am thinking... about how amazing our God is. I am training my focus onto all of the miracles He has worked for His people throughout history and all of the daily blessings He showers over my life.

I am thankful for... the beautiful Body of Christ. The way friends will lift one another up to God. The way we can share our burdens.

In the learning room... Haydn has a field trip to the zoo today. He was pretty excited. Yesterday, David's preschool hosted a Mother's Day Tea. He served me my lunch and sang for me, etc... It was very sweet.

From the kitchen... Today I am going to Mary's, along with Kristen, to hang out by the pool and eat tuna salad, fruit and peanut butter pie. May not be MY kitchen, but it's all good. ;)

I am creating... I finally got started on Leila's high school scrapbook. YAY!

I am going... to take David to school in a bit, finish folding the boys' laundry and read for a while.

I am wearing... dark blue jeans and a bright red tee. And my complaint free bracelet (Day 1: Take 9)

I am reading... a lot of Isaiah passages. The second half of Isaiah is so comforting to me. It was written as God drew the Israelites out of exile and back to Jerusalem. It is full of comfort and restoration. These are things I am praying for right now. I am also reading The Box Garden by Carol Shields and I started Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott.

I am hoping... for comfort and restoration.

I am hearing... the dryer full of the boys' clothes and my dog crunching on his food.

Around the house... lots of decluttering to do.

One of my favorite things... I discovered the prayer room at church, this week. I had known it was there, but I had yet to go visit it. It is wonderful. Dimly lit and peaceful. I plan to spend more time there.

A few plans for the rest of the week... Kristen is keeping the boys tomorrow and Saturday, while Corey and I drive to Natchez for a wedding. We get to see Leila and Matt. YAY!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some lovin'!

Disqus for Madame Rubies