Monday, April 27, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook - April 27

Outside my window... it is a warm-ish day. Maybe we will spend some time outside, this afternoon.

I am thinking... about teaching the boys how to get along with one another and about how funny my dog is, playing with his food like a cat.

I am thankful for... My husband's passionate heart and the dynamic/charismatic personality that draws people to him. I am thankful for my children. They are smart and good.

In the learning room... Haydn did very well on his last Progress Report. He will pass 1st grade with flying colors. Both boys are very excited about their new school in the fall.

From the kitchen... I am cooking more consistently. Makes me realize how few dishes I have. LOL! Pots and pans and bakeware, that is. I have plenty of plates and bowls.

I am creating... Nada. I am closer to starting Leila's scrapbook, though, and I have been typing up poems found in old journals. Also, I picked up a copy of Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott from the library for some inspiration.

I am going... to fold laundry today. Fun stuff, huh?

I am wearing... athletic pants and a t-shirt. I just took Haydn to school.

I am reading... Grace Eventually by Anne Lamott, and Meredith handed me a copy of The Lost Art of Keeping Secrets by Eva Rice.

I am hoping... in God. He is my hope and my Salvation, and I am daily putting my hope and trust in His providence and grace.

I am hearing... the dog chew his food.

Around the house... There is laundry to be folded and dishes to be washed.

One of my favorite things... is spending time with friends. New and old friendships feed me.

A few plans for the rest of the week... Tuesday lunch with the girls, talent show at church on Weds, Disciple Thurs morning...

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...
Bird egg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some lovin'!

Disqus for Madame Rubies