Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook - Almost Easter

Getting so close to Easter. Here is a Simple Woman's Daybook entry:

Outside my window... the sun is shining again, but it is still cold. This weather is not good for my allergies. I am craving warm spring days.

I am thinking... about what I need to tell the doctor today, about Easter approaching.

I am thankful for... Corey handling our finances. Thinking about money and numbers makes my head hurt.

In the learning room... I think the boys and I are going to learn about countries this summer. A new country each week. We can cook foods from that culture, etc... David loves this idea. Haydn likes the cooking part.

From the kitchen... The more I watch Food Network, the more comfortable I feel in the kitchen. I made a Giada recipe last Friday. I have some other recipes saved for this week. Mexican Mac and Cheese tonight. I think that is from Rachel Ray.

I am creating... I just finished a cross for church. It is modge-podged with pages from a hymnal. I have an idea for a large canvas for Mom's church. I need to get to work on Leila's scrapbook for her high school years. I have been so unmotivated.

I am going... to Mary's house in a bit. Kristen, Mary and I are going to watch Steel Magnolias and eat salads. We are so cool. ;)

I am wearing... jeans, a shirt with orange and white stripes, a gray hoodie. It is cold.

I am reading... nothing. ALMOST EASTER.

I am hoping... that this new doctor will be able to help me figure out the right med combo.

I am hearing... Corrine Bailey Rae. Jeff sent me some MP3s and I am enjoying them.

Around the house... I am still not 100% unpacked from Mom's. Haven't even begun unpacking from the Happening. I am pretty behind on housework.

One of my favorite things... is my iPod. It has been so good to me. Corey did good, getting me that for Valentine's Day.

A few plans for the rest of the week... Contemplative Prayer services a few nights, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, EASTER...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some lovin'!

Disqus for Madame Rubies