Sunday, April 26, 2009

Complaint Free - Day 1

Well, that 40 day book fast was just SO MUCH FUN that I decided to do another theme. Actually, our church is doing this theme, and I am joining in. It is not easy. It is, believe it or not, WAY harder than not reading for 40 days.

This morning, Raigan preached on The Complaint Free World. At the end of service, we went forward to receive a purple bracelet, which we will wear for this project. Every time I complain (am critical, gossip, use sarcasm) I must switch the bracelet to my other wrist and START OVER. The goal is 21 days of complaint free living, because it takes 21 days to form a new habit. I have seen the impact this has made on Raigan's life, and I am willing to give it a shot.

Today was Day 1, but I have already moved the bracelet twice. Once, I was critical of how Corey is doing with HIS bracelet and once I snapped at Haydn for carelessness. So tomorrow will be Day 1: Take 2.


Here goes nothing. Anyone want to join me?


Heather


PS My boys tried it, but David couldn't keep up with the bracelet and Haydn enjoys complaining too much to stick with it.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, my goodness . . . I need a bracelet. I sooo need to be on board with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. today you are not my friend. I think God wants me to do this....

    ReplyDelete
  3. think i could do this in a classroom of 2nd graders for the next four weeks -- I mean give THEM the bracelets.......

    ReplyDelete
  4. You could TRY. My 7 year old quit within an hour.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some lovin'!

Disqus for Madame Rubies