Wednesday, March 4, 2009

No Books - Day 6

I had a realization last night. My reasoning for giving up books for Lent had a lot more to do with Corey than I thought. I was wanting some recognition from him. He has complained about my reading for as long as I can remember. I think, stopping for Lent, I expected him to be amazed and thrilled and praise me daily. He doesn't. The fact that he doesn't is not the problem. The problem is me wanting him to. Earning my husband's compliments was not the purpose for this fast.

Our devotional for today, emailed from the church for Lent, is about turning back when you have gone down the wrong road. It is not progressive to continue in the way you are going if you are going the wrong way to begin with. So, taking a few steps back, I am going to try to recover my path toward Easter. I am giving up books for Lent so that I will have more time to focus on Bible Study, meditation and housework. NOT to gain my husband's approval.

Yesterday, I read some of the chapters for Disciple while waiting in carpool lines. I am not sure I like the Bible versions I have available on my iTouch app, though. I can get any version I want, if I connect to the Internet, but there is no wireless signal when I am sitting by Haydn's school. So I am using an app that has the Bible fully loaded onto the device. However, the translations it offers are all new to me. Actually, it has Greek. Seriously. If I read Greek, this would be an amazing feature.

I am ready for this week to be over with already. We leave for Brandon on Friday afternoon, and I am looking forward to seeing my girls. I always wish my life away like that, waiting for the next thing that is exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some lovin'!

Disqus for Madame Rubies