Thursday, January 15, 2009

When It Rains...

I have been crazily organizing things so that I could leave, at noon today, to drive to Alabama and visit Granddaddy. Granddaddy is very sick. Corey has been getting sick himself and went to the doctor today with what he thought was a bladder infection. A million tests later, he has been diagnosed with diverticulitis. Poor guy. No more chex mix for him. Christmas is ruined.

So I have canceled by trip to Alabama. Turns out, Haydn is getting an award, at school, in the morning. Now I will get to see that. Hopefully I can help Corey run Disciple Now, this weekend, because I somehow doubt he will feel up to much. The doctor gave him two antibiotics and some lovely pain medication. He is sleeping now.

I started a new Bible Study today. I will be meeting with a group every Thursday to do Beth Moore's study on the book of Esther. I am really looking forward to it. Purim is my favorite Jewish Holy Day, and we will be celebrating Purim. :) My inner Jewish-girl is doing a little happy dance, right now. Be glad you cannot see her. She doesn't dance as well as my inner R&B-girl. *snicker* I really enjoy Desiree, who is leading the group, and I was happy to meet Rebecca today. I will meet the other two ladies next week.

I managed 3/4 a mile on the elliptical machine this morning. That thing kicks my butt. But, I feel good.

Say a prayer for us this weekend, if you would.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some lovin'!

Disqus for Madame Rubies