Saturday, January 24, 2009

iBrain

Corey and I watched End of the Spear. I had tried to watch it by myself, but that was a no-go. I couldn't keep my eyes on the screen. I am not sure how this med-free lifestyle is working. I can pay attention better if someone else is with me. Why? I haven't a clue. Feel free to enlighten me if you have any ideas. So, Corey watched it with me, and I cried... a lot. What an amazing story. Makes me realize how easy my life is and how simple the things God has called me to really are. I mean, He hasn't sent me to convert remote tribes that would rather kill me. Ya know? So, yeah, End of the Spear is worth it.

I finished reading Servant of the Bones by Anne Rice. It was neat to read all of the history in that book, as I am going into a study on the book of Esther. Bones talks about King Cyrus. I finished that and am now engrossed in Anna Karenina, or - as I like to call the book - my Russian. My only complaint is that Tolstoy feels the need to use so many names for each person. Stephan can't just be Stephan. He has to use the middle name too, which I cannot recall how to spell right now. Lemme see... Example: He cannot refer to Kitty as Kitty. He must call her "Kitty Shcherbatskaya." In my head, I shorten everyone to their first name.

I think I met Jesus in Walmart today. It takes a lot for me to say that, since I refer to Walmart as either "Hellmart" or "Purgatory," according to my mood. Well, I took David with me to run errands. Haydn is with his Daddy at a camp where Corey is speaking to a group of teenagers. I ran to Walmart for AA batteries and a couple of greeting cards, after getting my phone fixed at Alltel. Well, as I shoved the buggy away from the checkout lane, an elderly man caught my eye. He was motioning for me to come forward. I did, and he told me he wanted to talk to David, or, as he said, "this fella here." He asked David's name and how old he was and started telling him jokes and listening to David's chatter. Believe me, this was HEAVEN for my son. He likes nothing better than for someone to listen to him, and I am incredibly bad at it, I must admit. At one point, David sang Jingle Bells and this sweet man stood up and danced. Seriously. He danced for my four-year-old, in the midst of a large group of people. He danced.

This afternoon, I finally took down the Christmas tree. I also reorganized a ton of stuff in the guest room, so now the desk is clear. I have moved all of my papers and study materials from the kitchen table onto that desk. Corey will be thrilled when he sees it. He hates clutter. Why God cursed him with me, the clutter-queen, is beyond me. Maybe he did something really bad in a past life. What is crazy is that I hate clutter too. I find it very hard to aim my ADHD mind in the right direction when I am surrounded by a scattering of stuff. But, organizing it all involves aiming my mind in that direction. It's a Catch 22. I saw a Facebook Bumper Sticker, a few days ago, that said, "My mind is an iPod on shuffle." That is the best definition for an ADHD brain I have heard yet (Except maybe Cat's analogy of walls covered in Post-it notes). What I need, more than anything, is a playlist. If I can get my mind onto a playlist, we are good. *wink*

Happy Weekend!

3 comments:

  1. that's really awesome about the man in hellmart. how sweet of him. and that bumper sticker made me laugh! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greys is not on next week but your weekly dose of Kate Walsh is !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen Bella (and read the book) and End of the Spear. Liked them both and DID cry during the first one. Sometimes who they get to play parts messes with my interpretation (so to speak) of the movie. Does this happen to you? For instance, having a gay actor play the part of a born again Christian like Jim Elliot makes it hard for me.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some lovin'!

Disqus for Madame Rubies