Monday, January 12, 2009

99 Powerful Questions (16-25)

16. Do I appreciate what others do for me? Not enough, I'm sure. Rather, I don't appreciate how much Corey does. I know this. I am sure he knows it too. I take him for granted. He has always been so wonderful about working so that I don't have to, helping with the kids, etc... I have come to EXPECT it. I don't understand why other men don't behave in this way toward their wives. I am spoiled. Outside of that, I appreciate things so much, but I am always unsure of how to show it. I say thank you, write thank you cards, etc... I don't want to embarrass someone by gushing, but sometimes I do it anyway. My friends and family are simply amazing. Like I said, I am pretty spoiled.

17. Where do I want to go? Everywhere. I have these deep longings to travel to all sorts of places. Sometimes, when I read a book where I learn about some other country or region, I feel a literal ache around my heart. I don't believe God is ignoring this desire. I'm just not sure how or when I can do such things. I am married and have two small children. I don't have money for travel (I don't even have money for the dentist). I close my eyes and dream of serene mountain scenes, soothing ocean waves, wild animals on safari, thrift stores in London... My sister lives out in California now, and do you know how badly I want to go see her? Candy and I want to thrift shop in Hollywood. I sometimes reread parts of Eat, Pray, Love, just to travel in my mind to Italy, India and Bali. Ooo... Bali! Bali and Israel and Africa are the places I ache for the most, as of late. Anywhere historical or literary is good. I could write on this topic forever.

18. Who do I want to meet? I want to meet people who love God with all they are, even when that doesn't look how I expect it to or how I think it should. I want to meet Loretta Lynn, Nikki Giovanni, Jodi Picoult, Elizabeth Gilbert and many many many others. I want to meet all of the friends I have made, over the years, through WaH and blogging. I want to meet God in all the forms God can take.

19. What adventures do I want to go on? Well, I have already written about my desire to travel. So, aside from that, I want to go on a retreat to a convent. I want to go on a retreat by myself and one with a dear friend. I want to finally take a honeymoon. I want a "Sisterchick" trip (or two or three). I want to get in a car and just drive. We can stop where the Spirit leads us to stop and do whatever pops into our heads.

20. Do I care too much about what others think of me? Often, yes, I do. Other times, perhaps I don't care enough. Physically, I think I care too much what I think about me - about my reflection.

21. Do I take offense too easily? In most situations, no. With Corey, yes. I always assume he is insulting me, and he isn't. I don't know why I single him out for this. Maybe because I am around him the most. I was reading an article on ADHD yesterday that talked about how we aren't good at verbal cues. I feel like I SHOULD be able to read my husband's cues, but I am not good at doing so. I think that is what frustrates me more than anything I percieve him to be saying. I get frustrated with myself.

22. What makes me happy? Feeling loved. When I get a present in the mail, or a greeting card, or a phone call from a friend just because, I feel loved. When I feel loved, deeply, I feel happy. Plenty of solitude outside of my home can also help my happiness. When I am at home, I tend to sink into lethargy too easily. Relaxed time with Corey or my friends makes me happy. Laughter with my boys makes me happy. When I feel smart, I also feel happy. I like to be knowledgable. That can become a pride issue way too easily.

23. Do I procrastinate? I'll answer this later. If that helps. ;)

24. Do I stand up for myself? I don't often have need to. Like I said, I am pretty spoiled.

25. Do I hold grudges? Not usually. And, when I do, I normally don't hold it for long.

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you on a Sisterchicks adventure...someday...

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some lovin'!

Disqus for Madame Rubies