Thursday, January 8, 2009

And I Read (2008 edition)

In January I...

  • Walked the Labyrinth
  • Stood in as manager at Cokesbury while Louise was out of town
  • Turned 26
And I read...

  • Black by Ted Dekker
  • The Importance of Being Foolish by Brennen Manning
  • The Sex Club by L. J. Sellers
  • The Sudan Project by Melissa Leembruggen
  • The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Decked Out by Neta Jackson

In February I...

  • Began an unsuccessful fast
  • Took my first business trip
  • Was hospitalized for a "viral infection"
And I read...

  • Red by Ted Dekker
  • White by Ted Dekker
  • Mudhouse Sabbath by Lauren Winner
  • The Writing Life by Annie Dillard


In March I...

  • Caved to Harry Potter
  • Watched my baby turn 6
  • Had a visit from Mom and Wayne
And I Read...


  • Harry Potter and the Sorcer's Stone by J. K. Rowling
  • Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J. K. Rowling
  • Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J. K. Rowling
  • Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J. K. Rowling
  • The Cloister Walk by Kathleen Norris
  • Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J. K. Rowling
  • Lying Awake by Mark Salzman

In April I...


  • Got a call from my big brother (haven't heard from him since)
  • Stayed home from work with sick kids
  • Decided to be a stay-at-home mom again
  • Helped at Bethlehem Center
And I read...


  • Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince by J. K. Rowling
  • The Solace of Leaving Early by Haven Kimmel
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J. K. Rowling
  • This Charming Man by Marian Keyes

In May I...

  • Caught up on Church Library organization
  • Watched David turn 4
  • Entered a Ballad writing contest
  • Worked on the Senior Slideshow
  • Had a private Bible Study with Amanda-Panda
  • Began watching Meg for the summer

And I read...

  • Evensong by Gail Godwin
  • Kira-Kira by Cynthia Kadohata
  • Three Girls and Their Brother by Theresa Rebeck
  • Maggie Rose and Sass by Eunice Boeve
  • I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith
  • The Gospel According to Harry Potter by Connie Neal
  • Marley and Me by John Grogan

In June I...


  • Started Beth Moore's Breaking Free study
  • Fasted from shopping
  • Began my summer of travel reading
  • Took the kids bowling
  • Sent my kiddos to VBS and DID NOT VOLUNTEER
  • Mourned Rwth's reappointment to Belzoni
  • Visited South Carolina
  • Began actively seeking God's answer on the "heaven" issue
And I read...

  • The Pact by Jodi Picoult
  • Leaving Church by Barbara Brown Taylor
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Sold by Patricia McCormick
  • Change of Heart by Jodi Picoult
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
In July I...


  • Watched the entire 6 seasons of Sex and the City in one week
  • Saw the Sex and the City movie with Cat
  • Celebrated a visit from Savannah
  • Traveled to Carthage with Leila, Em and my kids to buy Wii Fit
  • Caved to the Twilight bandwagon
  • Saw Kit Kittredge with Cat and out kiddos
  • Sent the boys to stay with Grams and Pawpaw for a week
  • Taught Bible Study for Youth
  • Mourned a broken laptop

And I read...


  • The Wednesday Sisters by Meg Waite Clayton
  • Reading Lolita in Tehran by Azar Nafisi
  • The Bright Side of Disaster by Katherine Center
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • New Moon by Stephenie Meyer
  • Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer
  • The Condition by Jennifer Haigh
  • 90 Minutes in Heaven by Don Piper
In August I...

  • Spent a lot of time crafting at Cat's house
  • Was given a "happy" from Chicago by the great Amandalicious
  • Spent a ton of time in my "nest" in the back bedroom
  • Asked Leila to take me camping
  • Announced our pending move to Tupelo
  • Finished the Spiritual Warfare chapter (rough draft) for PPD book
  • Was blessed by the gift of a freezer from Leila and Matt
  • Sent my oldest to 1st Grade
  • Began carpooling with Amanda
  • Got my Invisible Children bracelet
And I read...


  • Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer
  • High Tide in Tucson by Barbara Kingsolver
  • Take Me With You by Brad Newsham
  • Crazy Love by Francis Chan
  • Far World by J. Scott Savage
  • Wild Goose Chase by Mark Batterson
  • Transformation Soup by SARK
  • Picture Perfect by Jodi Picoult
  • The View from Here by Brian Keith Jackson
  • Sex and the City by Candace Bushnell

In September...


  • Held candlelit prayer, at midnight, with 4 of my girlfriends, at the labyrinth
  • Saw and LOVED House Bunny
  • Had a blast at Harry the Potter with girlfriends
  • Volunteered as the communications person for a Red Cross sheltar
  • Was given Wreck this Journal by Lana
  • Completed Nolan's scrapbook for Catherine
  • Started watching The 4400 with Corey
  • Found a house to rent
  • Read a book to Haydn's class
  • Was proud of Haydn for being Student of the Week
  • Started Disciple 1
  • Was invited to join Amazon Vine
  • Moved to Tupelo
And I Read...


  • Three Weeks with my Brother by Nicolas Sparks
  • Keeping Faith by Jodi Picoult
  • Succulent Wild Woman by SARK
  • Sahara Special by Esme Raji Codell
  • God is Love edited by Brian Doyle
  • Angels & Demons by Dan Brown
  • Sisterchicks go Brit by Robin Jones Gunn
  • The White Mary by Kira Salak
  • I Wanna Be Your Shoebox by Cristina Garcia
In October I...
  • Hurt for and prayed for Wendy
  • Learned to cook on a gas stove
  • Worried about my stepdad, after his heart attack
  • Found out my older sister is pregnant
  • Went camping for the very first time
  • Met Leila's friend, Ginny
  • Used red gel to spike Haydn's hair for school
  • Watched a lot of Reba and Extreme Makeover
And I read...
  • Oxygen by Carol Casella
  • Iodine by Haven Kimmel
  • The Ragged Way People Fall Out Of Love by Elizabeth Cox
  • Here Kitty Kitty by Jardine Libaire
  • Death Comes for the Archbishop by Willa Cather
  • Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen
  • Dinner at the Homesick Restaurant by Anne Tyler
  • Love, Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli
  • Wonder When You'll Miss Me by Amanda Davis
In Novemeber I...
  • Lit a candle for Nat on All Saints Sunday
  • Ate a lot of Butter Pecan Ice Cream bars
  • Chose to write a poem instead of voting
  • Said goodbye to Renee without ever meeting her
  • Worked a LOT on Leila's album
  • Was given a new camera by Daddy
  • Saw Lauren
  • Visited friends and family for Thanksgiving
  • Had unhappy medication issues
  • Was sick a lot (see afore mentioned issues)
  • Became addicted to Paris Hilton's My New BFF
And I read...
  • Embrace Me by Lisa Samson
  • The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde
  • Lost in a Good Book by Jasper Fforde
  • Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult
  • Tiger Lillie by Lisa Samson
  • The Almost Moon by Alice Sebold

In December I...
  • Went of medication
  • Spent two weeks in the misery of withdrawal
  • Saw Fireproof with Corey on our anniversary
  • Discovered Crystal Light singles
  • Bought a ton of Christmas gifts
  • Made Christmas gifts also
  • Saw the Nutcracker for the first time since I was a kid
  • Chose to pause Disciple so I can restart with a group in 2009
  • Had my hair cut back into a pixie
  • Spent 3 days home alone while Corey took the kids to Bama
  • Saw Yes Man with a group of teenagers
And I read...
  • The Coal Tattoo by Silas House
  • Need by Carrie Jones
  • Kiss by Ted Dekker
  • My Antonia by Willa Cather
  • Where Do I Go by Neta Jackson
  • Lilith by George MacDonald
  • Eat Mangoes Naked by SARK
  • Finding Father Christmas by Robin Jones Gunn
  • Engaging Father Christmas by Robin Jones Gunn
  • Uglies by Scott Westerfield

1 comment:

  1. So i read all of what you did...you put me to shame with my reading haha...i'm just now on the 5th Harry Potter and i started a while ago..however, i saw you read Love, Stargirl!!!! I LOVE that book...i love stargirl period...and i also have an Invisible Children bracelet :) i watched the GO documentary for it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some lovin'!

Disqus for Madame Rubies